Are you planning to join the Apple bandwagon? Or have you already ordered your shiny new Apple device? Or maybe you just want to use iTunes on your PC? What connects them all is the need to have an Apple ID to be able to make it functional. What is an Apple ID you ask? It is basically a pass which lets one access the Apple ecosystem of software and hardware. The ID allows for an interaction between the hardware, software, the service of Apple, and you. You need to have an ID to access the App Store or Apple Music, among others. Apple devices- iPhones, iPads, or Macs require an Apple ID before you can start using it.
What are the requirements for creating an Apple ID?
- Valid e-mail address: This e-mail address will receive all the important information from Apple and will help you recover your account in case you forget your login credentials.
- Strong password: The password must be at least 8 characters long, should be a mix of lowercase and uppercase letters, contain a number, and contain a special character. You will also be required to input your date of birth.
- AGE: Be sure that you are at least 13 years of age else the entire process will come to a halt. The workaround this problem is that a parent or a guardian can provide verified parental consent for the kid to have his or her own Apple ID. Doing this will automatically add the child to the family group.
- Security Answers: Three security questions and answers that will make sure that no one else can access your ID
How do I create the Apple ID, now?
You can create your ID either online at the Apple website or on your Apple device itself.
To create the ID via the website you need to:
- Visit the Apple ID website and select Create Your Apple ID.
- Enter your first and last name in the respective boxes.
- Select your country and your birthdate. *Read the pre-requisites part of the article if you/ your child are under 13 years of age.
- Enter your email address (which will be your new Apple ID)
- Enter your password. *Read the pre-requisites part of the article for the nitty-gritty of setting your password
- You will then be required to select three questions from their respective drop-down menus and answer them. Be sure to answer properly and not to enter gibberish to just get on with it, as the recovery of your account relies on you answering the questions again correctly.
- A CAPTCHA will be then required to enter to make sure you are a human.
- Click continue when done.
- A six-digit verification code will then be sent to your provided email address which will have to be entered in the subsequent screen.
- You will be redirected to the account “manage” section where you can change your account details, security options, add payment and manage shipping, and your Apple subscriptions.
That’s about it. You have successfully created your Apple ID from the website.
To create your Apple ID from your iPhone or iPad:
- Launch Settings.
- Select Sign in to your iPhone. It should be present at the top of the screen itself.
- Select Don’t have an Apple ID? and then select Create Apple ID when a small dialogue box appears.
- Enter your birth date and select next.
- Enter your name and select next.
- Enter your email address or get a new iCloud address.
- Enter and verify your password.
- Select the security question and type in your answer. *Be sure to answer properly and not to enter gibberish to just get on with it, as the recovery of your account relies on you answering the questions correctly.
- Repeat it again two more times.
- Select Agree on the Terms and Conditions
- You could choose if you want to merge iCloud data, reminders, contacts, and calendars (works only if you already have had an existing ID)
To create your Apple ID from your Mac:
- Launch iTunes.
- Select Account and click Create Apple ID.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your full name, email address, date of birth, and password in their respective fields. Click continue.
- Enter your Billing Information (you can choose not to add a card)
- Select Create Apple ID.
So, That’s it?
Just a verification email will be sent to the provided valid e-mail address. Click the link to successfully create your Apple ID. You can also choose to create the ID via the Mac App Store. The process is similar with iTunes.