The most recent update for most Apple device is the iOS-11 update. Apple’s next-generation mobile operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is out. It is considered to be one of the most evolutionary updates which have a major focus on the productivity rendered on an iPad. This latest mobile operating system update enhances the productivity and consumer using experience in differentiated capacities for all the devices. While the techie experts in a retrospective mood compare the iOS 7 and iOS 11 and come to a fairly precise conclusion that the newest update is more on the side of being big and bold, contrary to the iOS 7 which exemplified minimalism and thinness. A prelude to the different range of newly updates features is how the iOS 11 manages to unify Lock screen and Notification Center.
What did Apple do New?
On the iPhone, iOS 11 refines the features introduced in iOS 10. Here are the main features:
- The Lock screen and Notification Center are merged so you can now swipe up on the Lock screen to view all your notifications, right there.
- Control Center is back to being just one screen. There are now tiles that you can 3D Touch to expand to view more information.
- Apple has redesigned the iMessage app drawer to make it easier to use.
- You can now use Apple Pay to pay other Apple Pay users, right from the Messages app.
- A potential end-all for syncing frustrations – iMessage, Siri, and Photos data will now sync between all your devices using iCloud.
- Siri now has a more natural voice, supports translation and gets a small visual update. Siri also supports list and QR code apps.
- App Store gets a big new redesign to make it look more like Apple Music. There are new tabs for Today, Apps and Games view.
- Do not Disturb while driving feature automatically disables all notifications when you’re driving.
- When you take a screenshot, you’ll now get a little preview of it in the bottom-left corner. Tap on it and you’ll be able to mark up the screenshot before saving it or sharing with anyone.
- Files app replaces iCloud Drive app.
iOS 11 sets a new standard for what is already the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. It makes iPhone better than before. It makes iPad more capable than ever. And now it opens up both to amazing possibilities for augmented reality in games and apps. With iOS 11, iPhone and iPad are the most powerful, personal and intelligent devices they’ve ever been.
One of the most prominent features of iOS 11 are the new Files app which facilitates in bringing all the files together. Browsing was never easier than what it will be now. Other functions like searching and organizing all the files in a single place also have become exponentially fast and easy.
This new feature can easily be considered to be a foundational change for iPad. It is widely available on any screen. Opening this feature is fairly easy. All you have to do is the swipe and you can open and switch apps instantaneously. Customization is convenient and you can easily add your favorites. Apps which you’ve opened recently and apps that are currently open on your iPhone or Mac appear on the right side of the Dock.
This update is boon for all the impatient users who love to indulge in multitasking. Opening a second app directly from the Dock is simple and what is best, is that both apps remain active in Slide Over as well as the Split View mode.
DRAG & DROP
Yes! You read it correctly. Drag and Drop are indeed the most recent addition which allows the movement of text, photos and files from one app to another. This feature has been worked upon a lot and renders a smooth movement. All you have to do is touch and move just about anything- or things- anywhere on the screen. Isn’t that pure magic!
The magic lies in the details. iOS 11 has come up with this new feature which enables the user to scan documents. The new Document scanner automatically senses and scans a document, crops the edges and removes the tilt or glare.
Classic photography is the inspiration behind the polishing and enhancing the picture taking experience. The series of new filters available on the iPhone has taken the picture taking experience to the next level. Be it the portrait photo or giving a natural shade to your skin tone, the new update does it all. The next- generation compression technology enables you to take new photos with the same quality as before at half the size. This could be the biggest contribution to the various editors or enthusiast who loves to work efficiently.
All you girls out there do not feel left out. Siri now comes in a male version too. Siri is now equipped to send messages on your behalf, set a personal timer, be your personal DJ, and the list goes on. All you really have to do is ask for assistance.
How to get the new update of iOS 11?
iOS 11 makes your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch more powerful, personal, and intelligent than ever before. Here’s how to update.
- Create a backup. It is necessary that you have a copy of all the important just in case you might need in the future.
- Try getting the update wirelessly. If you do not get the update wirelessly, all you have to do is simply use iTunes to get the latest iOS update.
- One step which is the most important part is, make you check whether your iPhone, iPad is compatible with iOS 11.
- Make sure you know the passcode to your device, only then will you be able to update to iOS 11.
- Apple ID is the last thing you will be needing to get this update done.
- However, if there is a dearth of space in your device to get this update, it is fairly easy to still get the update.